|What mummy wouldn't be completely |
delighted with this on Mummy's Day?
Pansies in Cheese Boxes
|This is what you are gonna make...|
You will need:
- Scrummy camembert in a wooden box
- Some pansies
1. Eat the yummy cheese!
|Gardening, crafts and eating cheese -|
life doesn't get any better than that!
2. To make the box a little deeper I took the top off the lid and glued the sides of the lid to the the sides of the bottom. I glued the leftover top to the bottom just to make it a little more robust (and to have a nicer finish.)
3. Ask a grown up to drill a few drainage holes in the bottom of your cheese box.
4. Fill with pansies and get your hands mucky!
|Pop some pretty pansies |
into your cheese box
5. Tie a pretty ribbon around the outside of the box.
|Tying a ribbon round the edge|
of the box is lots of fun!!
Alpines such as sempervivum would also look lovely in this little handmade pot.
A big thank you to the lovely people at Kyle Books for sending me a copy of their Gifts from the Garden book by Debora Robertson which features this lovely project.
|The clever Debora Robertson's book is|
packed full of lots of lovely things to make
I hope you all have a lovely day with your mummies on Sunday.