Lot of people told me that they looked like they were made from a certain long thin chocolate that we get in the UK.
I thought I'd have a go at using them to make edible versions.
See how I got on- they are yum-eeee!
|Quick, easy, gorgeous and yummy|
- Twig shaped chocolates (I used mint Matchmakers but I bet you can get other brands too)
- Cardboard (old cereal packets work well)
- Chocolate buttons
- Needle and thread
|I managed to stick on the "branches" myself|
- I got Mummy to cut out strips of cardboard and to melt a few chocolate buttons for me.
- Then I spread the melted chocolate on the cardboard strips.
- Next I snapped the Matchmakers into different lengths and pressed them into the molten chocolate.
- I covered the strips in different lengths of Matchmaker.
- I managed to stop myself eating the trees and left them to harden.
- Then Mummy used a needle to loop some thread through the cardboard so that I could hang them on our tree (and I ate the left over chocolate branches!!)
|My trees look fab on our real Christmas tree|