|I am so excited about my new book I can't open my eyes!|
Fun With Potatoes
Potato stamping is an old favourite and perfect for this time of year as we harvest our home grown tatties. There are always a few potatoes which aren't quite up to my high standards so what better than to use them to do some potato stamping!
|Potato stamping made me starry eyed!|
Wet Work & Play
There are lots of water fun ideas in this chapter. One that I loved doing was really simple. Mummy gave me a bowl filled with soapy suds and I set about washing all my dolly's clothes. My clothes ended up drying on the washing line too but it was great fun!
|Doing the washing is fun - Mummy says I can always do it!|
Flowers To Pick & Press
I have been sent a flower press to try out (I'll blog all about that soon!) so combining that with this book was the perfect opportunity to try it out. I loved picking lots of pretty flowers then seeing how different they looked once pressed. I then made a pretty bookmark using them.
|Cirsium looks like a funny moustache when it has been pressed!|
Feed The Birds
This was a great project and all we needed was an old water bottle, a couple of pencils and some bird seed. My bird feeder looks great hanging in the garden.
|The bird feeder I made out of an old water bottle|
And here are some of the ones which I am desperate to try which I haven't yet...
- Home made seed bombs - kaboom!
- Turf tattoos - hopscotch on the lawn will be fab!
- Butterfly World - M&D have bought me a butterfly cage so that I can do this at home
- Paint it Black - I have some chalk paint and I am going to paint my sand pit lid so that it can double as a chalk board.
- From Picking to Pie - yum, bramble picking, we will be able to do that soon!
- Thinking Ahead - this involves making a time capsule. I am definitely going to do that and get the builder's to bury it in the foundations of our new house extension!
- Carrot: Root to Cake - I love eating carrots so it will be a struggle to keep some aside for cake making but I'm sure I will manage!
- Make a Cress Head - there are lots of fun ideas of what you can make a cress head from
- Craft a Model Garden - for rainy days when you can't get outside, this is a perfect way to still enjoy gardening
I thoroughly enjoyed reading "The Children's Garden" and would definitely recommend it for all children.
I give it a Lulu rating of:
Five out of five, woohoo!
Available on hardback, RRP 14.99
Hugs & kisses,